Reclaim by Soil Diva
I am excited to offer a second product to home gardeners, RECLAIM by Soil Diva. Reclaim was designed to mitigate the harmful effects of herbicide soil residue in the agricultural industry. I have found Reclaim to be a solution in the home garden world to counteract the harmful effects of contaminated soil converted to gardens or flower beds, drift from lawn weed applications, grass clippings with residual herbicide used for mulch, and organic matter from compromised compost. Reclaim not only alleviates problems, it enhances the health of the soil through microbial stimulation and nutrient availability.
Reclaim is a unique product that can deal with herbicide residual in the soil. It helps farmers and gardeners that have noticed an herbicide residual problem on their plants. Imagine a home owner spraying a broad leaf herbicide on their yard….then cutting their grass and putting those clippings on their flower beds and gardens…and soon starting to have sick looking plants…curled twisted leaves, burnt edges on the leafs, stunted plants, dying plants. Reclaim can usually help, but depends on how long they have been sick to how soon Reclaim can be applied in some cases multiple applications are needed.
Herbicide residual can come in many forms:
Self‑inflicted • Drift • Compost • Old manure • Other soil brought in
RECLAIM is a soil treatment product with 3 distinct uses:
- RECLAIM was originally designed for the degradation of herbicide residual. Pre-plant application is preferred, but post-plant application is acceptable. If you are actually seeing sub-lethal herbicide effects on your crops, time is of the essence!
- RECLAIM can heal the sick, but it can’t bring back the dead…apply in a timely manner! Depending on the severity of the chemical residual, more than one application is sometimes needed.
- RECLAIM, used as a mid-to-late season application, is an excellent tool to push bulking on potatoes, onions, and many other crops.
The concept is two-fold:
- First, RECLAIM stimulates new root growth at a time when a plant’s root system is trying to slow down. The new root is more efficiently able to retrieve phosphorus, potassium and other nutrients.
- Second, RECLAIM stimulates microbial activity, making Phosphorus and Potassium more plant-available.
Now that is Efficient Soil Function!
Rate: 1 oz./quart of water will cover 100 square feet.
Purpose: To reduce damaging effects on the growing crop caused by herbicide carryover and to enhance herbicide residual degradation.
Note: Never mix Reclaim in the same tank as an acid based fertilizer or chemical (phosphorous or sulfur).